Written By: Wednesday, May 16th 2018

A smoke detector getting some of the credit for alerting a downtown Owen Sound resident to a potential fire in his building overnight.

Crews were called to an upstairs apartment unit on 2nd Ave East across from city hall around 4 Wednesday morning after a resident was awakened by a smoke alarm.

After spotting smoke in the hall, he started banging on doors to get everyone out.

Fire crews evacuated half a dozen people from the building.

Turned out to be a pot left on the stove.

No one was hurt.

#Trending