Rules & Regulations
THE DOCK Official Procedures, Rules and Regulations (the “Contest Rules”)
These Contest Rules apply to all contests running on-air or online by CJOS-FM (the “THE DOCK” Contest) unless otherwise specified on the individual contest web page for that contest.
If you are a streaming listener: You may be listening to a delayed stream of the radio signal which may vary depending on your computer’s memory capacity and the speed of your internet connection. For that reason, THE DOCK recommends that you turn on your radio to 92.3 The Dock to participate in any call-in contest, this will ensure you are listening in “real time.” THE DOCK assumes no responsibility for entrants not making timely phone calls to the station as a result of the delays in the Internet stream.
Social Media Contests: Social Media Contests are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. All entrants are providing information directly to the Contest Sponsors and agree to release Facebook, Twitter and Instagram from any and all liability arising in connection with the THE DOCK.
1) No fee or purchase is required to enter.
2) Only one entry per person will be accepted for any THE DOCK Contest.
3) Only one prize per household may be won every 30 days for any THE DOCK Contest. We hold the right to decide when to enforce this rule or not.
4) Prizes must be claimed with 30 days of winning.
5) Must be “Age of Majority” if the prize requires this for fulfillment. Contests are open to all Ontario citizens, except:
a) Employee or volunteer, nor a member of the immediate family of, nor domiciled with an employee or volunteer of THE DOCK, Larche Communications Inc, nor any of their respective participating sponsors and judges. THE DOCK deems the right to refuse prizes, or participation in contests, to “close friends” of employees and/or volunteers of THE DOCK if we feel that any unfair advantages and/or inappropriate actions took place.
6) All Contest winners will be required to answer a skill testing mathematical question.
7) THE DOCK is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, postage due, stolen or misappropriated entries.
8) There will be no transfer and substitution of prizes except as necessary due to availability in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
9) There will not be any substitute tickets/passes in the event of a show cancellation beyond the control of THE DOCK.
10) Each entrant acknowledges that by entering a THE DOCK Contest, THE DOCK may:
a) use their names and city of residence for publicity purposes in all mediums carried and the fact that he or she won a prize in the competition and all related matters without additional compensation; and
b) broadcast the entrant’s voice which was submitted as part of this Contest.
c) post the entrant’s photo on website and/or social media channels as part of this Contest.
c) THE DOCK respects your privacy. Should an entrant not wish to have their name publicized, please let us know when you pick up your prize(s).
11) The entrant hereby indemnifies, releases and forever discharges the Sponsors and THE DOCK, and their affiliates, employees, representatives and agents, and their respective heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, successors and assigns from:
a) any and all claims, demands, damages, actions, causes of action, costs and payments whatsoever for damages, loss or injury howsoever arising as a result of entering and participating in the Contest; and
b) any breach, violation, or non-performance of the terms, covenants and obligations on the part of the entrant to be observed or performed as said out herein; and
c) the act of any third party acting independently of THE DOCK and the Sponsors.
12) This Contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and Municipal Laws and Regulations.