Five cocktails for a great summer night
A great summer night goes even better when paired with a great summer cocktail.
Here are some excellent options you can make in bulk batches to share with friends or keep it to yourself!
1. Strawberry Lemonade Sangria
Recipe courtesy of fancyshanty.com
- 2 lemons
- 1 apple
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 (750 ml) bottle White Wine
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 3 cups lemon-lime soda
- Place lemon slices to a large pitcher, then the apples, then the strawberries.
- Pour the wine and rum over the top.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 4 – 5 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and add the lemon lime soda. Add a few pieces of the fruit to your glass and pour sangria over to serve.
2. Raspberry Mojito
A Mojito is always a refreshing drink, adding a bit a fresh fruit can only make it better!
Recipe courtesy of buzzfeed.ca
- 1/2 lime, cut into wedges
- 5-6 raspberries
- 1 spoonful of sugar
- 10-12 mint leaves
- 2 ounces white rum
- Club soda
- Throw the lime wedges, raspberries, mint, and sugar into a glass.
- Using a muddler or wooden spoon, press down on the ingredients to mush them all together and get all of the juice out of the lime wedges.
- Add ice and pour in rum and then top the glass off with club sods
3. Jamaican Rum Punch
Recipe Courtesy of marthastewart.com
Makes 8 drinks
- 1 1/2 cups light rum
- 3 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 cups fresh pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons grenadine
- Ice cubes
- 1 lime, thinly sliced, for garnish
- In a large pitcher, combine the rum, juices, and grenadine.
- Stir until well blended.
- Fill glasses with ice; divide mixture between glasses.
- Garnish with lime and serve immediately
4. Long Island Ice Tea
When you can’t pick just one alcohol to have in your drink, go with the Long Island Ice Tea. It combines vodka, gin, rum, tequila and Triple Sec!
Recipe from foodnetwork.ca
2 cups ice cubes
1 ounce vodka
1 ounce gin
1 ounce white rum
1 ounce white tequila
1/2 ounce Triple Sec
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup cola, or to taste
2 lemon wedges
5. Good ol’ Beer
It doesn’t get much better than pair a Corona and Lime with the Beach, so if you like to keep it simple and just pop open a beer.
A photo posted by Corona (@corona) on
Feeding Families Foodland Owen Sound...
Feeding Families It’s a very hard time of year for some, it’s time to help…Friday, December 15th, 2017
Road conditions for Fri, Dec 15
GREY COUNTY Owen Sound, Chatsworth & surrounding areas Mainly snow covered with some snow packed…Friday, December 15th, 2017